What is a trademark? ask
How do I register a trademark? ask
What does trademark law protect? ask
How much does it cost to register a trademark? ask
What do I need to submit to register a trademark? ask
How long does a trademark registration last? ask
Can I use a trademark I created? ask
Does a trademark registration protect my trademark worldwide? ask
Do you have any guidelines on how to use my trademark? ask
- Use your trademark correctly - as a trademark.
- Be sure your trademark identifies a source of goods or services or, at least, a particular good or service.
- Do not let others use your trademark generically or descriptively
- Use your trademark proudly and consistently
- Do not let others use your trademark without your controlling the quality of goods and services.
- If you use another's trademark be sure to use it correctly, have permission, and give credit
- Avoid adopting the following as "trademarks":
- Terms showing Geographic Origin.
- Terms that are primarily surnames
- Scandalous or disparaging terms
- Flags, national or state insignia
- The name of a living person or deceased president during his or his wife's life unless you have permission
- Famous or well-known trademarks or brands
Trademark Links and Resources ask